January 10, 2007

I Like Cars, More Than Telephones...



"...your voice in my ear, makes me feel so alone." - The Arcade Fire "Cars and Telephones"

Download it: Cars and Telephones

truthfully, I don't even know if that song is technically by the Arcade Fire, because it's a demo that Win wrote a few years (maybe only 1 thou) before the band formed. It is, however, one of my favorite songs ... period.

I love love love the Arcade Fire. In fact, they are one of the reasons I purchased a drum set and started a band. They fill this part of me that I didn't even know needed filling, and I don't think that, after that, there is much more I can say about them, other than the facts. I think my buddy over at Karma Spares No One summed it up nicely though, so I will just get to the music.

Like JJ said, Neon Bible is looking to be quite the sophomore album, and Intervention, the first released song, is a song that, I hope, proves that to be right. Thing is that it didn't just pop up recently. They performed it in a live set on KCRW's Morning Becomes Eclectic almost 2 years ago along with my absolute favorite song by them, a cover of "Born on a Train." Here is that amazing set:

Band: The Arcade Fire
Date: 2005-01-17
Venue: KCRW's Morning Becomes Eclectic

Intro
Wake Up
Neighborhood #4 (7 Kettles)
Vampire / Forest Fire
Interview
Intervention
Born On A Train (Magnetic Fields Cover)
In The Backseat
Outro

1 comment:

JJ said...

dear loard thats a nice set, thanks for the mention.